We are an established flooring company located in western Nassau County, serving all of Long Island, Queens, Brooklyn and NYC. Our philosophy is simple; happy is good! We want our customers, our vendors and our team to be happy. We do that by treating everyone fairly and ethically, paying particular attention to the needs, motivations and goals of one another.
Perry's Flooring America is looking for people who care about the quality products and services they represent, their customers, and their co-workers. We are seeking women and men who are self-motivated, energized, customer service and sales focused. If you’re fashion forward, passionate, relentless, professional, and a “people-person", we want to talk with you!
In this pivotal, critical customer touch retail sales position you will be selling finished flooring and home décor products to our customers. Our professional retail sales associates are devoted to helping individuals and families create something fresh and new in their homes, not just selecting flooring, but helping them design their living space. Women and men who are entry level, returning to the work-force, or seasoned professionals alike are ALL encouraged to apply.
· Greeting guests upon arriving in our retail showroom and learning their motivation for their visit; really getting to know them and developing long-term relationships. Using the same skills outside of the traditional selling environment, such as at a prospective client's home or business
· Presenting and discussing various home flooring product options based upon your discovery of the prospective clients’ lifestyle, needs and goals
· Using our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, called CASH (Customer Assessment Sales Helper), you will organize and manage your prospective client database by identifying and qualifying leads generated from prior customer visits
· Marketing new sales and special events, particularly through the use of social media
· Assisting customers in financing, purchasing, delivery and ultimate satisfaction
· Increasing personal knowledge of products, sales techniques, and promotions through continuous professional training and development
You do not need sales, customer service, or retail flooring experience to be successful in this role. Our Online University Training Program will get you ramped up and ready to go! We do, however, look at the following:
Experience in “high customer expectation" work, such as serving in food and beverage, hotels or hospitality can be helpful but is not required. Also, a background in color and design is useful, but also not required.
· Entrepreneurial and team-oriented
· Coachable and self-directed learner who is always willing to learn
· High energy “people person", relentless in pleasing the customer
· Professional, driven, positive, resilient, and achievement-focused
· Detailed, strong follow up and follow through; excellent time-management
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills; a great listener
· Basic computer knowledge is required
· Enjoys and can work some evenings and all weekends as part of a flexible and accommodating full- time 40 hour per week work schedule
· High school diploma is required
· Bilingual English/Spanish helpful, but not required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
E-mail your resume to Scott Mellynchuk at email@example.com and we'll schedule an interview. See you soon!